HOUSTON — Slow pokes in the left lane! Every time we ask, "what's driving you crazy" on Houston roads – that's what you tell us!
We got comment after comment on Facebook.
Viewer “Alyssa” reached out, saying, "Can y'all make a video about how slow drivers shouldn't be in the passing lane?"
“Terry” says it bugs him and it causes more congestion. And several others agree!
The sign you see posted: "Left lane for passing" is not just a recommendation — it's the law!
It became part of the Texas Transportation Code in 1995. Now enter multi-lane highways. TxDOT says, watch for signs there that read "Left lane for passing only!"
MORE DRIVING YOU CRAZY
- Delays on Highway 6 construction project driving Sugar Land drivers crazy
- Why doesn't anyone use their turn signals?
- Do you know the right way to turn in a median? In Texas, it's confusing!
They stress that the left lane on a divided highway is not a fast lane. It's a passing lane! That means—no hanging out in the left lane unless you want to pass.
We're not calling out slow pokes — it's a safety issue! If you get caught doing this, it's a $200 fine and DPS does enforce it!
MORE FROM #HTOWNRUSH
- We found a $2 fix for clogged drains
- Klein ISD using Protexus electrostatic sprayer to fight the flu
- Is someone making money using your health data?