WALKER COUNTY, Texas - Symone Marshall moved to Texas about a month one month ago to start off fresh, according to her sisters.

But after flipping her car on I-45, she ended up behind bars. A few weeks later, she was dead.

The death of the 22-year-old single mom while in law enforcement custody has fueled anger and suspicion among her family members.

“We are feeling terrible,” said Honey Marshall during a phone call. “All we had was each other. We’re just feeling really heart-broken right now. Like this is the worst thing to ever happen to us.”

Officials say late last month, Marshall was involved in a single vehicle crash on I-45. They say responding paramedics who evaluated Marshall and her female passenger saw no signs of obvious injury and that both women refused further medical treatment.

They were arrested and booked into the Walker County Jail on misdemeanor and felony charges of cocaine possession. Marshall was also charged with providing a false identification.

The next day, the passenger posted her bond and was released but Marshall was unable to post her $5,000 bond and spent the next two weeks behind bars.

Her sisters say they spoke with her several times and that she told them her head was hurting and she felt like blacking out. They claim they called the jail and demanded Symone be sent to the hospital.

“They told me she’s seen the doctor at the jail,” said Marshall. “I told them she needs to go to a real hospital,”

Officials say on May 10, Marshall suffered an apparent seizure in her jail cell and was immediately taken to Huntsville Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

An Autopsy was performed by the Harris County Medical Examiner. The sheriff’s office and Texas rangers are reviewing what transpired but the Sheriff believes proper procedures were followed.

“Even though we feel pretty comfortable, we’re going to look at it from all angles,” said Sheriff Clint McRae. “We’re a very transparent department. We want to know exactly what happened so we can go home and sleep at night.”

Results from the autopsy are still pending.