The superintendent said the district is working with local health officials to ensure a safe return to 100 percent in-person instruction.
The superintendent said HISD will maintain the following protocols:
- Urging students, staff, and essential visitors to stay home when sick
- Providing masks upon request and allowing them to be worn in schools and buildings but not requiring them per state mandate
- Keeping Plexiglas dividers in place
- Cleaning and disinfecting all schools and buildings nightly
- Limiting visitation to essential visitors with pre-scheduled appointments
The superintendent said more details be provided in the coming weeks as the district its back-to-school plan for the coming year.