HOUSTON — It's a tough job, but dozens of Houston media personalities volunteered to judge the Gold Buckle Foodie Awards on Thursday.
Entries ranged from the more traditional pizza-on-a-stick, turkey legs and baked potatoes to unique offerings of Fruity Pebbles-coated fried shrimp, a unicorn float and scorpion and meal worm pizza.
The 2019 winners include:
- Best Food-on-a-Stick: “Bacon Wrapped Pecan Smoked Sausage” – Holmes Smokehouse (RP60)
- Best Value: “Chicken and Ribs Platter” – Salt Grass (L0063)
- Best New Flavor: “Smoorcookie” – Totally Baked Cookie Joint (Carnival)
- Best Dessert: “Cookie Dough Parfait” – Aunt Edmoes Cookies (CD205)
- Best Fried Food: “Minnechocolate Pie” – The Original Minneapple Pie (CD202)
- Best Specialty Food: “Chocolate Cobbler” – All of Us (E12107)
- Classic Fair Food: “Hot Crunchy Cheetos Cotton Candy” – The Candy Factory (Carnival)
- Most Creative Food: “Unicorn Float” – The Candy Factory (The Junction)
Try them all and you can win t-shirts and koozies! If you want more information, pop by the Social Station located outside of Hall D in NRG Center.