HOUSTON — You may be used to it by now, but get ready for a traffic headache if you're traveling on U.S. 290 this weekend.
All eastbound lanes at Huffmeister are closing Friday at 8 p.m. It will remain that way until Monday at 5 a.m.
Drivers will be re-routed to the feeder road and re-enter the mainlanes after Highway 6 and FM 1960, where Texas Department of Transportation crews are placing the first beams of new bridge.
There will also be a total closure on the westbound main lanes at West Road, where drivers will be detoured to the feeder before re-entering at FM 1960.
Here is a list of more closures from TxDOT:
- Total closure: US 290 eastbound Telge entrance ramp and the US 290 eastbound exit ramp to SH 6/FM 1960. Motorists will be detoured to the entrance ramp from SH 6/FM 1960 and the exit ramp to Eldridge Parkway.
- Total closure: US 290 eastbound frontage road at SH 6/FM 1960 from 12 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, to 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 15. Motorists will be detoured right on SH 6, U-turn at Hempstead to SH 6 northbound frontage road, then right on US 290 eastbound frontage road.
- Total closure: SH 6 northbound under US 290. Motorists will be detoured right on the US 290 eastbound frontage road, U-turn at Eldridge to US 290 westbound frontage road to SH 6/FM 1960.
- Total closure: FM 1960 southbound at Wortham Boulevard. Motorists will be detoured right on Wortham Boulevard, left on Wortham Center Drive, right on US 290 westbound frontage road, U-turn at Huffmeister to US 290 eastbound frontage road to SH 6/FM 1960.
- Closure: Alternate lane of the US 290 westbound frontage road from SH 6/FM 1960 exit ramp to Wortham Center Drive.
Expect delays and even consider an alternate route. There will be police officers assisting with traffic control, according to TxDOT.