Nicole Scherzinger sang the National Anthem for Game 1 of the World Series.
Her name: Nicole Scherzinger.
Who is she: The lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls and a solo artist who was nominated for a GRAMMY in 2006.
You might know her by: The songs ‘Don’t Cha,' 'Stickwitu,' and 'Buttons.'
But she wants you to know: “People just see me as that girl from the Pussycat Dolls. I hear it all the time,’” she said on her Facebook page. “They know ‘Don’t Cha,’ which is amazing because it gets the attention and recognition. But as an artist, you need more to feed your soul.”
She’s also appeared as: A guest vocalist for P. Diddy and Busta Rhymes.
Before the game, she tweeted: “Wow!! I can’t believe I’m singing the National Anthem tonight to kick-off the #WorldSeries!! I’m so excited and grateful to be here.”
MORE WORLD SERIES COVERAGE
- LIVE BLOG: Astros look to #TakeItBack as World Series opener looms
- From 'Old Town Road' to 'Gimme Shelter' | List of Astros 2019 walk-up songs
- Gerrit Cole, once a young spectator in the stands, leads the Astros in World Series opener
- 'Altuve please make a home run for me' | Officer Abigail meets José Altuve before World Series Game 1
- 'This is like holiday season for me' | Lance McCullers gives away nearly 30 World Series tickets
- Missouri City family brought 3-month-old to all 7 World Series games in 2017