HOUSTON - A home caught fire Thanksgiving Day while a family was cooking a turkey inside, according to the Eastex Fire Department.

Around 1:15 p.m. Thursday, multiple units were dispatched to the home in the 5600 block of Aldine Bender Road.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, the home was engulfed in flames. Huge clouds of smoke and large flames could be seen coming from the house.

Firefighters said the cause was accidental and the fire began when residents were using a turkey fryer.

The house had extensive damage but no injuries were reported. The fire department posted videos and photos of the large fire on Facebook Thursday evening.

More: Austin firefighters explain how not to deep fry a turkey