VENICE, Fla. — One diver hit the shark tooth lottery in Venice when he spotted a massive Megladon shark tooth.
Michael Nastasio, of Black Gold Fossile Charter, said the "beast" of a tooth measures just more than five inches in width and height.
The fossil charter captain shared his discovery on Facebook saying, "I had to cut my dive short because I could not catch my breath after snatching it up."
Other shark teeth were hauled in on the trip but none measure up to the Megladon discovery. What a find!
- 'Blessed that no one was hurt': Clean up continues after severe weather rocks Polk County neighborhood
- Pinellas Park police: At least 25 buildings damaged by tornado
- DeSantis outlines Moderna COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan
- Deputies: 14-year-old arrested for shooting threat at Pinellas County high school
- Thousands of chickens burned in massive Pasco County barn fire
- NFL looking to invite vaccinated healthcare workers to Super Bowl LV
- Here's where to see Christmas lights around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter