CULLMAN, Ala. — Alabama police say a woman shot her husband in an attempt to shoot someone else in an act of road rage.
News outlets report Erica Cole was charged Saturday with attempted murder, assault and reckless endangerment.
Cullman County Sheriff Matt Gentry said the road rage incident began on a highway and ended at a home, turning violent when Cole tried to shoot someone else.
Instead, she shot her husband Nicholas Cole in the head. The sheriff says he's in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing. It is unclear if Erica Cole has an attorney.
What other people are reading right now:
- 1-year-old girl dies in fall from cruise ship in Puerto Rico
- Deputies said he followed her down the highway before he shot and killed her. Now he's on the run
- Disturbance has 80-percent chance of development; models shift west
- Woman gets her stolen wallet back 75 years later
- Proposed 'rocket docket' could restore voting rights
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download
the 10 News app now.