BISMARCK, N.D. — It’s pretty much like pleading guilty. A man accused of sexually assaulting an infant admitted there was enough evidence for a jury to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
According to The Bismark Tribune, police first arrested Andrew Glasser in October 2017 for child abuse and child pornography. He pleaded guilty, after doctors said the baby girl suffered multiple rib fractures and broken leg bones over a period of time.
Two weeks later, the Tribune reports Glasser was charged with gross sexual imposition. Prosecutors said he raped the infant he admitted to abusing. The now 33-year-old entered an Alford plea on Monday, apologized to “any victims affected by this” and asked the judge for leniency.
“I’m trying to get my life back after it stopped on a dime two years ago,” Glasser said, according to the Tribune.
Local news station KFYR reports he was sentenced to four years in prison and five years on probation.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Please, give me a second chance' | 6-year-old pleads with Orlando police officer not to arrest her
- 'We're all destroyed': Weippe community mourns twin brothers killed in fire
- Dogs rescued from Louisiana up for adoption in Tampa
- Feisty baby stares down doctors seconds after birth
- Man accused of harassing manatee near Weeden Island
- Drugmaker Moderna ships possible coronavirus vaccine for testing
- Skyway 10K guide: Everything you need to know to race
FREE 10NEWS APP: