DEER PARK, Texas — The Shell plant in Deer Park said on Twitter Monday morning it will be shutting down "a process unit" and it may cause flaring.
The flaring could happen over the next 24 hours.
The plant says they're taking steps to minimize any noise, light or smoke.
The warning was posted to Twitter at 11:50 a.m.
The plant is located about 3 miles from the ITC facility where chemical fires prompted elevated Benzene levels and shelters in place in Deer Park last week.
ALSO POPULAR ON KHOU.COM:
- Daughter: Cop charged with murder thought wife was 'flirting'
- Father of Sandy Hook shooting victim dies of apparent suicide
- New rule says backpacks are no longer allowed inside Minute Maid Park
- Grief counselors on hand at elementary after death of Pearland ISD librarian
- Attn. Potterheads: 'Wizard's Brunch' coming to secret location in Houston this fall!