DEER PARK, Texas — A small flash fire was reported at the ITC chemical plant in Deer Park Tuesday morning.
Around 11:45 a.m., officials said the fire developed during the "deconstruction of tank 80-15." The fire was put out quickly by fire crews on the scene.
Officials said there was visible smoke in the impacted tank farm.
No injuries were reported and no significant damage was reported.
Officials also said air monitoring during the incident did not identify any elevated benzene levels during the time of the fire.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- ITC hit with 5 criminal charges in connection with Deer Park chemical fire
- Communities near ITC fire are still affected nearly one month later
- ITC officials release number of animals that died after fire
- More progress made in cleaning out Houston Ship Channel after ITC fire
- Last of ITC tanks containing pygas secured; Ship Channel reopens with restrictions