DALLAS — Dallas police say a man shot a woman before shooting and killing himself Sunday. The woman was taken to an area hospital and is in critical condition.
Earlier Sunday, Dallas police responded to a call in the 9900 block of Whitehurst Drive in northeast Dallas. They arrived to find a 35-year-old man and a woman shot from apparent gunshot wounds. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police think the man drove over to the location, shot the woman and then shot himself.
A 3-year-old girl was also found at the scene of the shooting. She was not injured, police said.
Police are considering this a family violence incident, and the investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Check back for new information. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- DFW weather: North Texas under tornado watch until 2 a.m.
- 1 dead, 2 injured in north Fort Worth car accident, MedStar says
- Washington woman receives several wedding donations from strangers after wrong number text
- 1 killed, 1 injured in fiery crash on I-20, sheriff's office says
- Boeing says it regrets concerns over internal messages