Update 5:31 p.m. Monday with the names of the victims.
A multi-vehicle crash involving an 18-wheeler led to three deaths and multiple injuries Friday on Interstate 35W in Denton.
Police shut down northbound lanes of I-35W as firefighters worked the scene after the 18-wheeler caught fire.
"It's bad," said David Boots, a spokesman with the Denton Fire/Rescue Department.
On Monday, officials released the names three people who were killed in the crash: Ann Marie Cole, 63; Jennifer Kara Freguson, 30 and Paul Buckley Sachs, 59.
While authorities were initially unsure of the condition of the driver of the 18-wheeler, a man on the service road identified himself as the driver, he said.
Lanes of northbound I-35W remained closed throughout the night while investigators were at the scene of the crash. The interstate reopened Saturday morning.
This is a developing story. Check back for new information. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- John Legend, Kelly Clarkson release 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' remake
- CDC confirms vitamin E acetate possibly linked to vaping illness outbreak
- UNT assistant general counsel resigns for use of racial slur at student event
- Missing Ponder mom, 20, found stabbed to death
- Man found clinging to log near Niagara Falls rescued