HOUSTON, Texas — Several Houston theater productions are putting their shows on pause or canceling them completely due to an increase in positive COVID cases.
The original one-day postponement was announced on Twitter saying it was due to COVID and non-COVID illnesses. Their latest announcement says the full pause is the result of breakthrough cases of the virus.
The center is asking ticketholders to wait while they reschedule the shows. Patrons will be notified about the new dates as soon as possible.
Below is a list of other Houston theater productions closing due to COVID:
- Theatre Under The Stars "The Little Mermaid" has been canceled indefinitely.
- Stages has closed its world premiere of "Panto Little Mermaid" as of Dec 29. The production was originally scheduled to continue until Jan 2.
- Cirque du Soleil canceled all remaining performances of "Alegría."
- Tickets purchased through the Cirque du Soleil website or the Cirque due Soleil Contact Center will be reimbursed to customer accounts in 24 hours. Click here to learn how to access your customer account.
- Anyone that bought tickets with debit or cash at the Big Top should call the Cirque du Soleil Contact Center at 1-877-924-7783.
- Customers that got tickets through another website or elsewhere should reach out to that company directly.
This page will be updated as more cancelations are confirmed.