Here are the shelters that will be operating ahead of Hurricane Dorian's arrival at the First Coast.
The latest updates on Dorian continue to show the strong Category 4 hurricane with strong winds of nearly 155 mph.
Shelters open at 10 a.m.
The shelters will open at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 3 at the following locations:
- Macclenny Elementary School, 1 Wild Kitten Drive -- general population for residents in low-lying areas and mobile homes
- Ed Fraser Hospital, 159 North 3rd St. -- Special Needs shelter for residents who require special care or are medically dependent
- Lake Asbury Junior High, 2851 Sandridge Rd., Green Cove Springs (special needs beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3 at noon)
The following shelters are open to the general public starting at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 3:
- Clay High School, 2025 FL-16, Green Cove Springs
- Orange Park High School, 2300 Kingsley Ave., Orange Park (pet-friendly)
- Keystone Heights Junior/Senior High, 900 Orchid Ave., Keystone Heights (pet-friendly)
- Wilkinson Elementary, 4965 Co Rd. 218, Middleburg
- Abess Park Elementary at 12731 Abess Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32225
- Andrew Robinson at 101 W. 12th Street, Jacksonville, FL 32206
- Arlington Middle School at 8141 Lone Star Road, Jacksonville, FL 32211
- Atlantic Coast High School at 9735 R. G. Sinner Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Special needs, pet-friendly)
- Chimney Lakes Elementary School at 9353 Staples Mill Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32244 (Pet-friendly)
- Enterprise Elementary at 8085 Old Middleburg Road, Jacksonville, FL 32222 (Special needs)
- Landmark Middle School at 101 Kernan Blvd. N., Jacksonville FL 32225 (Pet-friendly)
- Mandarin Middle School at 5100 Hood Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32257 (Pet-friendly)
- Oceanway Elementary School at 12555 Gillepsie Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32218
- Oceanway Middle School at 143 Oceanway Ave., Jacksonville 32218 (Special needs)
- The Legends Center (DOH- Special Needs Only) at 5130 Soutel Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32208 (Special needs, pet-friendly)
- Twin Lakes Elementary School at 8000 Point Meadows Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Hilliard Middle-Senior School at 1 Flashes Ave., Hilliard, FL 32046 (Special needs, pet-friendly)
- Callahan Middle School at 450121 Old Dixie Hwy., Callahan, FL 32011 (Pet-friendly)
No shelters will be open during the storm. Evacuees who need shelter are encouraged to call the Red Cross at 1-800-733-2767
- Pacetti Bay Middle School at 245 Meadowlark Ln. (Special needs)
- Timberlin Creek Elementary School at 555 Pine Tree Ln. (Pet-friendly)
- Southwoods Elementary School at 4750 State Road 206 (Pet-friendly)
- Pedro Menendez High School at 600 State 206 W.
- Bartram Trail High School at 7399 Longleaf Pine Pkwy.
- Osceola Elementary at 1605 Osceola Elementary Rd.
This story will be updated with more shelters.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING TO A SHELTER?
-Air mattress, blankets, pillows or other bedding
-Food and water
-Medications and first-aid supplies
-Games, toys and books
-Flashlight and batteries
-Additional safety, hygiene or comfort items that may not be listed