HOUSTON — The Houston undercover officer who led a deadly drug raid in southeast Houston last month has been released from Memorial Hermann Hospital, sources tell KHOU 11.

Police Chief Art Acevedo said Goines and another officer will likely face criminal charges for their roles in the raid. Acevedo said Goines lied about a confidential informant’s drug buy so he could get a warrant needed for the no-knock raid. 

On Jan. 28, more than a dozen undercover officers stormed into the house owned by Dennis and Rhogena Tuttle. They say the couple opened fire on them so they shot both of them.

Goines was one of five HPD officers injured in the shootout with the Tuttles. He was shot in the face.

The veteran cop's attorney said he's undergone six surgeries so far. 

“He still has surgeries ahead of him, but they want him to be recovering at home in between," Nicole DeBorde said.

One officer, who was shot in the neck, remains hospitalized in serioius condition.

The FBI is conducting a civil rights investigation into the raid.

The Harris County District Attorney’s Office has launched a review of more than 1,400 criminal cases connected to Goines.

District Attorney Kim Ogg said any past cases involving Goines will be reviewed. Twenty-seven of those cases are active.

“Our duty is to see that justice is done in every case,” Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said. “Although the criminal investigation of Officer Goines is ongoing, we have an immediate ethical obligation to notify defendants and their lawyers in Goines' other cases to give them an opportunity to independently review any potential defenses."

Lawyers in all 27 pending cases were notified Wednesday.

Chief Acevedo also announced Wednesday all no-knock warrants must be approved by him or a member of his command staff. He also said the SWAT team and officers who serve search warrants will wear body cameras.

RELATED STORIES:

Acevedo announces major policy changes on no-knock warrants, body cameras

Family of 2013 botched raid victim hopes for change in securing search warrants

A mother recalls the 'no-knock' raid that nearly killed her son 6 years ago