HOUSTON — Phase One of the “Open Texas” plan allows for libraries and museums to reopen Friday if they follow safety protocols.
Here’s what Houston museums are saying about reopening.
Blaffer Art Museum
Blaffer will not reopen until "it is safe to do so."
Children’s Museum Houston
A spokesperson says the museum will NOT open to the public yet, but they hope to do so before the end of May.
Holocaust Museum Houston
The museum will reopen on May 26th. The museum will following the capacity guidelines and safety standards in place at the time. Visitors will be asked to wear masks.
Houston Museum of Natural Science
HMNS plans to re-open on May 15th. The museum will be operating at 25% capacity or less. A Road to Reopening Task Force has also put together a list of safety measures the HMNS will be implementing to keep visitors and staff safe.
A spokesperson says the zoo is not included in Phase One of the “Open Texas” plan.
The Health Museum
At this time, the Health Museum has not determined a specific date when it will reopen to the public.
The Menil Collection
The museum will remain closed for now. The Menil Collection is planning for reopening later this summer.
Museum of Fine Arts Houston
MFAH will not reopen Friday. A spokesperson says the museum will connect with the mayor's office and the county judge's office to understand what local requirements will be. No reopening date has been announced yet.
The Czech Museum Houston
They will remain closed for now.
*KHOU will update this list as information becomes available*
MORE ON CORONAVIRUS:
- 'How can we enforce it?' | Montgomery County judge says Gov. Abbott's order to reopen Texas isn't clear
- Houston restaurants prepare to reopen, but they need your help
- New data shows Texas is not ready to reopen, expert says
- Decisions, decisions: As businesses reopen, workers must choose unemployment or return to work
- Retail stores, movie theaters, restaurants and malls able to reopen May 1, Gov. Abbott says
- Gov. Abbott hopes Texas barbershops and hair salons reopen by mid-May