HOUSTON — October is here which means we are on countdown to the scariest day of the year – Halloween!
For all of our adrenaline-junkie friends who love a good fright, we know the month of October is all about ghosts, scary movies and haunted houses.
Houston has its fair share of haunted-theme parks, some of them ranked as one of the best in the nation.
To save you the Google search, we’ve compiled a list of the most reviewed haunted houses in the Houston area.
Haunted Houses across Houston area
- 13th Floor Haunted House -- features three attractions that include vampires, werewolves, haunted pirates and a terrifying dollmaker. The 13th Floor Haunted House opens in October. Dates and times vary as well as ticket prices.
Location -- 7075 FM 1960 Road West Suite 20
- Phobia Haunted Houses -- features eight attractions that include clowns, a mental institute and grotesque organisms. Phobia opened at the end of September and will stay open through October. Dates and times vary as well as ticket prices.
Location -- 5250 S Sam Houston Parkway E
- Creepy Hollow Houston Haunted House -- features three haunted attractions, multiple shows, food and games. According to the Haunted Attraction Association (HAA), Creepy Hollow Haunted House was named one of the "Top Haunted Attractions" across the country. Tickets are $40 per person and for an extra $10 you can get a speed pass that will allow you to skip the line. Opening dates and times vary through the month of October. READ MORE.
Location -- 12872 Valley Vista Drive, Rosharon, TX, 77583
- The Haunted Trails -- features two thrilling outdoor attractions. Open through the month of October; dates and times vary. Tickets are $28 for both attractions. You can purchase a speed pass for an extra $10.
Location -- 11500 Antoine Drive
- Houston Scream Fest -- features at least five haunted houses, a carnival and a paintball attraction. Scream Fest also has live concerts each night. The park is open as well as free drinks, including adult beverages. Open every Friday and Saturday through October. Ticket prices vary depending on the day you go, but one ticket gets you unlimited entrance to the haunted houses.
Location -- 1500 Elton Street
- Haunted Houstonopoly -- a live-action Halloween experience that pairs a larger-than-life nostalgic board game dedicated to H-Town. During the day, Haunted Houstonopoly is ready to welcome little ones of all ages with photo ops, “Trunk or Treat” weekends with spooky surprises, costume contests, and more. After dark, the attraction is transformed into an interactive fright-fest for those 16-and-older. Open Thursday - Sunday, October 1-31, 2021, only. Daytime tickets start at $20 and Haunted Night tickets for adults are $35.
Location -- 2501 Rice Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
- Houston Terror Dome Haunted House -- features one haunted house that typically takes about 20 minutes to get through. This year, Houston Terror Dome Haunted House has added a 'Nightmare Alley Selfie Saloon' that combines a haunted bar with a haunted house-themed selfie adventure. This attraction is included with your ticket purchase. Ticket prices vary as well as opening dates and times.
Location -- 16030 East Freeway, Channelview, TX 77530
- Purgatory Scream Park -- according to its website, it's the largest haunted house in Texas at 27,000 sq ft and a 30-40 minute walkthrough. Open through the month of October from Friday-Sunday. Times vary. General admission tickets are $40; VIP tickets are $60.
Location -- 1965 Northpark Dr, Kingwood, TX 77339
- Redrum Haunted House -- features four attractions including a haunted asylum and a laser gun extravaganza. Open through the month of October every Friday and Saturday and some Thursdays and Sundays. Times vary. Tickets are $35. A speed pass that allows you to skip the line is $55.
Location -- 1800 E Hwy 90 Alt Richmond, TX 77406
- Nightmarez Haunted Houston -- only open for three nights, Oct. 29 - Oct. 31, but each night is free. Donations are accepted.
Location -- 19210 Nasworthy Drive Tomball, TX 77375
- Horror Trails -- a drive-thru haunted house that lets you stay in your vehicle as you drive through haunted woods. Motorcycles, bicycles, limousines, buses, scooters, trailers, ATV’s, any vehicle over eight feet tall, are not allowed. Horror Trails opens Oct. 7. Opening dates and times vary. Tickets are $30 per vehicle (cash only).
Location -- 6712 E. Mount Houston Rd., Houston, TX 77050
- Terror Isle -- You will encounter spectral pirates, zombies, hell hounds, and creatures from the deep through the Terror Isle haunted attraction. Terror Isle also has two 'Escape Room' attractions. Opening dates and times vary. Tickets start at $25.
Location -- 518 6th St. N., Texas City, TX 77590
If you know a haunted house in the Houston area that's not on this list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.