Breaking News
More () »

Robotic dinosaur catches fire at Central Texas convention center

It's not every day firefighters are called to extinguish a burning dinosaur, but it happened in Waco.

WACO, Texas — The video above was published on March 23, 2022.

It's not everyday the Waco Fire Department gets a call to put out a dinosaur that caught on fire, but such was the case Friday.

Just before 1 p.m., the department tweeted about how its crews were called to the Waco Convention Center to help extinguish a robotic dinosaur that caught on fire while an employee was completing some welding work on it.

Waco Fire said it was the outside of the dinosaur that caught on fire from a spark.

Crews were able to put out the fire quickly, but the dinosaur looks to be a total loss, according to the photos the department tweeted.

The robotic dinosaur was supposed to be displayed at the convention center as part of the Jurassic Quest exhibit, which will be debuting this weekend.

Click here to find out more about Jurassic Quest.

RELATED: Look out! | Jurassic Quest is coming to Waco

RELATED: Waco Fire Dept. holds grand opening for new station

Before You Leave, Check This Out