DEER PARK, Texas — Crews were seen out conducting field tests Thursday morning after Benzene levels rose overnight in Deer Park.
Teams with the Texas Military Department and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) were out recording air samples.
TCEQ investigators are monitoring the air quality in the area around the ITC chemical fire site.
TCEQ also posted graphs of their air quality data from the area around the ITC fire site on their website.
ALSO POPULAR ON KHOU.COM:
- How to check air quality levels in your area
- What is benzene? Signs & symptoms of chemical that caused Deer Park shelter-in-place
- 'Ask My Nurse' hotline can answer your questions about elevated Benzene levels
- LIST: School districts closed Thursday due to Deer Park shelter-in-place
- UPDATE: Elevated benzene levels lead to shelter-in-place