LINCOLN COUNTY, Mo. — St. Louis County police believe they have found the body of Jennifer Rothwell, a 28-year-old woman who went missing a week ago.
On Monday, her husband Beau Rothwell gave police information on an area in Troy, Missouri, about an hour northwest of St. Louis.
At around 5:15 p.m., officers began searching the area off the roadway of U.S. Route 61 just north of KK.
At around 11:15 p.m., a woman’s body was found two miles north of Highway 47 along U.S. Route 61, near Cuivre River State Park.
Police said they still have to confirm the body is Jennifer Rothwell.
Beau Rothwell has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with her disappearance.
Police said Beau and his attorney are cooperating with the investigation.
This is a developing story and will be updated as 5 On Your Side receives more information.
- Elsberry School District proposes 4-day school week
- Innocence Project has setback in attempt to test DNA that could link decades-old murder to Thomas Bruce
- Police looking for witness who might know about accidental shooting of 12-year-old
- 'She's making ends meet' | Family tries to help single mom who survived house explosion in Belleville
- One year later, Blues' Berube has already become a legend