KHOU 11 is teaming up with Randalls and the Red Cross to raise money for area flood victims.
Hundreds of families in the Greater Houston Area have been chased from their homes by floodwaters. Some have lost everything.
The images of desperate flood victims wading through high water to safety have been heartbreaking.
Related: Red Cross opens shelters
How can you help? It’s simple. You can donate money when checking out at any Randalls between now and Thursday, April 28.
All money donated stays in the area and will go to the Houston Flood Relief Fund.
Below is a list of donation locations designated by the American Red Cross here in Houston:
Donation Drop Off Centers supported by Adventist Community Services
• Four sites have been designated for donations to be dropped off. Only non-perishable food items, new towels and blankets, hygiene items, diapers, baby wipes and water are being accepted.
o Bee Busy Wellness Center: 8785 W. Bellfort, Houston TX 77031 (Mon – Fri 8:30 am – 7:30 pm) and (Saturday 8:30 am – 2:30 pm)
o Loving Word Fellowship: 170 Rittenhouse, Houston, TX 77076 (Mon – Sat 8:00 am 6:00 pm)
o LAMIK: 2610 Greenbriar Dr., Houston, TX 77098 (Tues – Sat 10:00 am – 7:00 pm)
• Community of Faith: 1024 Pinemont Dr., Houston, TX 77091 (Mon – Sat 8:00 am – 6:00 pm)
Other flood victim assistance efforts:
- The Church Without Walls disaster relief effort (April 22-23) - Items can be dropped off from 10:00 a.m. though 3:00 p.m. at The Church Without Walls Bingle campus located at 5314 Bingle Rd, Houston, TX 77092, or The Church Without Walls Eldridge campus located at 7500 Eldridge Pkwy, Houston, TX 77083. Items requested: Blankets, diapers, wipes, baby/toddler clothing, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb or brush, soap, shampoo, razor, shave cream, deodorant and sanitizer.
- Embrace Relief fundraising campaign - Donate online at http://embracerelief.org/houston-flooding/. Or donate by check - make your checks payable to: "Embrace Relief Foundation, Inc" and place the memo as "Houston Flooding”. The check should be sent to 9301 W. Bellfort Ave. Suite #152, Houston, TX 77031.
- $2 lunch combo for flood victims - Curry Lead Indian Restaurant on HWY 6 and Clay Rd is offering $2 lunch combos (2 item combo) for Bear Creek residents (zip 77084) and for all first responders.
- Donation drive at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum (April 22-23) - The National Women of Achievement Incorporated are partnering with the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum for Project Operation Achievers to Take Action to Aid Flood Victims. Items for children, adults, seniors and a host of other vital daily goods are needed, as well as water, canned goods, baby foods, etc. Individuals, civic organizations, churches or student groups can bring donated items to the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum at 3816 Caroline from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- California Pizza Kitchen fundraiser - (April 23) Texas and Louisiana CPK locations are hosting a fundraiser to support the American Red Cross' Houston flood relief efforts. 20% of total sales from all Texas locations on Saturday will go to the relief efforts.
- Operation Blessing relief effort (April 23) - Operation Blessing will begin coordinating volunteer cleanup efforts. They also say that local homeowners can request help, beginning Saturday. For more information on Operation Blessing International please log on to www.ob.org.
- Sam Houston Race Park fundraiser (April 22-23) - Sam Houston Race Park will reach out to its staff, horsemen and racing fans this weekend for donations. All funds will be collected on behalf of the American Red Cross, who have already opened 13 shelters in Houston and need additional funds to assist with the operation of shelters, as well as food and relief supplies.