SAN ANTONIO — The principal and employees at a Northside ISD school are self-isolating after a fellow employee claimed to test positive for coronavirus.
Northside ISD told KENS 5 that the employee was at the campus of Health Careers High School Friday along with staff who were closing out the campus for the school year.
While on campus, the employee told a supervisor they'd been exposed to someone with coronavirus. At that point, all staff were sent home, according to the district.
The employee, who is asymptomatic, was advised to go get tested, and late Friday night claimed the results came back positive. The district said the employee came to campus without a mask on.
It's unclear how many employees are self-isolating and how much exposure to others the employee had.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE:
- Safety at the cinema: City Base Entertainment is latest SA theater to welcome back moviegoers
- 'It's not a lot to ask': Local leaders say masks must still be prioritized, even as city trends in right direction in COVID-19 fight
- Real-time updates: San Antonio says more housing, rent relief is available for those seeking it
- Centro San Antonio helping to revive downtown economy
- List of San Antonio gyms and fitness studios set to reopen Monday, May 18