CLEVELAND — Here is some great news!
New data released Tuesday morning shows 420 people have been cleared after beating the COVID-19 infection within Cuyahoga County.
"That is a cause to celebrate," said Dr. Heidi Gullett, the Cuyahoga County Board of Health Medical Director.
She shared the news during the county's coronavirus press conference Tuesday morning.
"Our team this weekend had a really wonderful conversation with someone who had been cleared of infection, who was home and who had the most complicated interventions you could possibly think of to keep her alive – and she is alive at home with her family," Gullett said. "That is something we celebrate. We thank all of our ICU partners, the nurses, the technicians, the doctors in our intensive care units for helping our community members who are the sickest get through this infection. We get to celebrate with them on the phone when we call and ask how they’re doing. They tell us about their course of illness and we realize how amazing their recovery really is, so we celebrate with each of you."
Here's the other data Dr. Gullett released Tuesday morning. NOTE: All numbers are within the Cuyahoga County Board of Health's jurisdiction only, and excludes the city of Cleveland:
- 1,150 lab-confirmed cases.
- 413 probable cases.
- Date of illness onset ranges from Feb. 20 to April 26.
- 75 lab-confirmed deaths. 1 probable coronavirus-related death.
- Deaths range in age from 53-97 from March 20 to April 27.