HOUSTON — Houston ISD's community meetings started up again Tuesday night for the first time since the school year began.
Miles said he's holding family events at schools across the district to share more information about his vision for HISD.
Here's the remaining schedule of 10 meetings.
- Tuesday, Sept. 5: 6 - 7:30 p.m. at Farias ECC at 515 Rittenhouse St.
- Wednesday, Sept. 6: 6 - 7:30 p.m. at Deady MS at 2500 Broadway St.
- Monday, Sept. 11: 6 - 7:30 p.m. at Energy Institute HS at 3501 Southmore Blvd.
- Tuesday, Sept. 12: 6 - 7:30 p.m. at Rodriguez ES at 5858 Chimney Rock Rd.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13: 6 - 7:30 p.m.; this meeting is virtual.
- Friday, Sept. 15: 6 - 7:30 p.m. at T. H. Rogers School at 5840 San Felipe St.
- Saturday, Sept. 16: 10 - 11:30 a.m. at Highland Heights ES at 865 Paul Quinn St.
- Monday, Sept. 18: 6 - 7:30 p.m. at Westside HS at 14201 Briar Forest Dr.
- Tuesday, Sept. 19: 6 - 7:30 p.m. at Madison HS at 13719 White Heather Dr.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20: 6 - 7:30 p.m. at Navarro MS at 5100 Polk St.
Families can register for the event they would like to attend and submit questions for the superintendent and his team ahead of each meeting. Tap here to register.
Houston Federation of Teachers President Jackie Anderson said she's urging community members and parents to show up at these meetings to share what changes they would like to see in the district.
"The community can at least put him and the board of managers on notice," Anderson said. "They can let them know what they are looking for, what they expect. And then that way, he can be held accountable. If they haven't told him, then he cannot be held accountable."