CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A resident at a home in the 1200 block of Miami Drive shot a 40-year-old man who was attempting to steal something off of his property and then promptly rushed him to a local hospital, according to the Corpus Christi Police Department.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.
When officers arrived to the scene, after hearing reports of shots fired in the area, they could not find anyone at the home. The two were then found at a local hospital where the man who was shot was being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
Police said it appears the act was random and the men did not know each other.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle hatchlings released at Padre Island National Seashore
- Corpus Christi's 'Litter Critter' is back by popular demand
- Lucky fisherman reels in two tagged red fishes as part of the CCA tournament
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.