HARRIS COUNTY, Texas -- Two murders in less than two hours.

Harris County Sheriff's deputies are on the hunt for a killer, or killers, responsible for gunning down two people in northeast Harris County early Monday morning.

Investigators are looking into whether or not the shootings are related.

The first murder happened on the 12300 block of Greencanyon Drive as a 61-year-old woman was leaving for work around 6 a.m. Monday.

Investigators quickly determined she was allegedly killed by her 53-year-old husband.

An 11-year-old boy who lives in the home next door said he heard shouting outside of the woman's home coming from the driveway.

The boy said he opened the blinds of a window and watched as a woman argued with a man.

"I heard them screaming, 'No, no! Please, no!'" the boy said. "He pulled her by the hair, and she tried getting out of his hands, and that's when the shots started happening."

That's when the boy said he saw the man drag the woman's body by her hair across the driveway. Then he says the man got into his car and drove off.

"When (deputies) arrived, they found body of  61-year old woman who had been shot by her 53-year old estranged husband," HCSO Dep. Thomas Gilliland said.

Less than two hours later and 5.3 miles from the home on Greencanyon, deputies say a supervisor at Superior Truck Care in the 12200 block of Kindred was opening the business for the day at about 8 a.m. when he was gunned down by a man, matching the same description as the suspect in the first murder and also driving a black pickup truck.

A 911 caller at the company told authorities someone in a black pickup pulled up and shot the caller's boss, who was sitting in his vehicle. The male victim died at the scene.

An employee from a nearby business told KHOU 11 News he heard four or five gunshots, and just a few minutes later deputies arrived.

"Boom, boom, boom, boom! I thought it was firecrackers at first," Tony Rogers said. "Then I heard the police are coming and I said those are gunshots. That's what I (saw) out here."

Deputies taped off the business and surrounding area for hours as they investigated the second murder.

Family members and friends of the man who was killed descended on the crime scene, holding one another and crying.

"If he had it he would give it to you," said Ralph Myles, a victim's friend. "He just liked to laugh and joke around. That's why I'm trying to figure out who would have the motive to do something like this."

The manhunt for the killer continues Monday night.  Deputies have not released a name of the suspect(s), nor the names of the man and woman who were shot.