DALLAS — Updated at 2:15 p.m. Wednesday with additional information from police and Richardson ISD officials.
A man, woman, and two children are dead following a shooting in North Dallas, Dallas police said.
All four apparently died from gunshot wounds at a motel near Keller Springs Road and Dallas North Parkway.
The shooting call came in at about 3:09 p.m. from the Staybridge Suites on North Dallas Parkway, Dallas police said. Hotel management told police they went to a room where an occupant's time had expired. When motel management made their way into the room, they heard a gunshot from inside the room and ran and called police.
When police arrived, they found all four bodies in the room.
Police later identified them as Charles Schoenfeld, 41, and Brittany Howard, 31. One child was 12 years old and the other was 9 years old, according to police.
On Wednesday, Richardson Independent School District sent a letter to parents informing them of the two children killed in Tuesday's shooting.
School officials identified the victims as Noah and Charlie Schoenfeld.
According to the letters, Noah was a student at Bowie Elementary and Charlie attended Parkhill Junior High.
School officials counselors will be at both campuses Wednesday and Thursday for students.
Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More from WFAA:
- Parents, 3-year-old child test positive for COVID-19, Collin County health officials say
- Robbery suspects arrested after allegedly leading Garland police on a pursuit
- Airlines take variety of measures to deal with financial impact of COVID-19
- Dallas County asks to recount Super Tuesday election results after 44 thumb drives discovered
- Bystanders allegedly tackle suspect after he slashed victim's neck, Dallas police say