SUGAR LAND, Texas — A local woman has been charged after her young son was found dead Saturday morning at the family's home in Sugar Land.
Sugar Land officers responded at 10:40 a.m. Saturday to a house in the 5200 block of Weatherstone Circle after the woman's husband came home.
Ritika Rohatgi Agrawal, 36, is charged with capital murder of a person under 10 years old. Her bond is set at $950,000.
Investigators said Agrawal was walking around the house with wounds to her body. Meanwhile, her 4-year-old child was upstairs. He had died from a knife wound to the throat, police said.
The woman was taken to the hospital, and police said she's expected to survive. Investigators said her wounds appear to be self-inflicted.
The investigation is ongoing.
OTHER STORIES ON KHOU.COM
- Ft. Bend Co. shuts down beauty salons, movie theaters and more to stop coronavirus spread
- Man arrested after going live on Facebook while in Walmart saying he has coronavirus: Police
- COVID-19 rules complicate planning a funeral for a loved one
- Starbucks goes drive-thru only over coronavirus concerns after employee petition
- What about buses? METRO Houston's plan to stop coronavirus spread