Mother's Day is going to feel quite different this year as we continue to fight the spread of coronavirus.
With business and restaurants operating at a limited capacity, it would seem difficult to treat mom to her favorite meal with the entire family or purchase any last minute gifts, but don't fret -- we have some great backup plans.
Below is a list of things you can do to put a smile on mom's face year:
(If you want us to add your business or restaurant to this list, email email@example.com and make sure you add details)
RESTAURANTS OFFERING TO-GO MOTHER'S DAY SPECIALS
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill has created a family to-go bundle that serves up to five people. Bundles start at $39.99 and come with a choice of an entree like lasagna, chicken parmesan or an assortment of pasta bundles. You can order your bundle at carrabbas.com or by calling your local Carrabba’s Italian Grill.
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille is offering a family-style Steakhouse Smorgasbord TO-GO in addition to an individual 3-course $45 Dinner TO-GO special (or 4-course $50 dinner). This is available for curbside pickup only for Mother’s Day Weekend. The Steakhouse Smorgasbord treats four to six people for $150, and includes three signature appetizers, four entrées, three sauces and three family sized sides.
- Saint Arnold has a Mother's Day Brunch pack that features goodies for a memorable breakfast in bed or brunch on the back patio. For $50, you'll get a full meal with a whole cooked and cooled quiche, sides, dessert, your choice of beverage (our new Rose Cider would pair well), and a nice gift for mom.
- Taco Cabana is celebrating Mother’s Day with a brunch that includes mimosas, Nutella empanadas by the dozen and its TC’s Way Dozen Breakfast Taco Boxes. Taco Cabana is offering mimosas for $6 (only available on Sunday, May 10 while supplies last).
- Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar is offering a limited edition, $45 Mother's Day brunch kit that feeds four to five people and is available for preorder and pickup May 8-10.
- Cypress Sweets is offering Mother's Day Assortment for $34 each. Order online and schedule for delivery and/or pick up.
RELATED: Let us know why your mom is great!
MOTHER'S DAY EVENTS
Celebrate Mother's Day brunch (car side edition) at Studio 9215. The brunch will include an amazing soul food to go brunch with mimosa's, a special visual surprise, entertainment and complimentary masks.
Location: 9215 Solon Rd. Houston TX 77064
Time: Sunday, May 10 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Mercer Botanic Gardens is having a virtual plant sale to celebrate Mother’s Day. There will be a wide variety of Mercer Grown plants, including annuals and perennials, edibles, roses, Gulf Coast natives, and trees and shrubs! Stay tuned to Facebook for the link to start shopping on Saturday, May 9. Online shoppers will receive a curbside pickup time to retrieve their orders the week after the virtual plant sale concludes.
Location: 22306 Aldine Westfield Road, Humble
Time: Starts Saturday, May 9 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, May 10 at 3 p.m. or until sold out.
The Houston Latin American Philharmonic is hosting a virtual serenade to honor mothers on Mother’s Day. The 60-minute program includes some of the most emblematic Latin American songs. This event will be held online via Houston Latin American Philharmonic’s Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube.
Location: social media
Time: Sunday, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
ALSO POPULAR ON KHOU.COM
Great news if you watch TV with an antenna
KHOU has just upgraded its technology. If you were unable to receive KHOU with your antenna in the past, try again on channel 11.11. You may have to rescan your channels for it to work – if that’s the case, we’ve got some instructions at KHOU.com/antenna. If you already see KHOU on 11.1, you may now ALSO see it on 11.11 – it’s the exact same programming. We’re really excited to be able to bring our KHOU 11 News, CBS shows and sports, Wheel of Fortune, Ellen and Great Day Houston to more homes around the area. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us here and we’ll try to get you set up.