POWHATAN COUNTY, Va. — We know a good dog who deserves extra treats today.
Two 8-year-old boys got lost in Powhatan County, Va., on Saturday, sending parents and neighbors into desperation mode.
After 45 minutes and daylight fading, they called the Powhatan County Sheriff's Office, who put K-9 deputy Bane on the case.
Within 15 minutes, Bane had found the boys.
The sheriff's office said results like this one is why they keep a K-9 program going despite the cost.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of sexually battering 6-year-old girl
- Florida couple forgot they left their toddler at the park for hours: deputies
- Man electrocuted trying to use a metal pole to remove bird from power line
- Fifth earthquake strikes near Alabama-Florida state line
- 'Dreamer' flight attendant detained by ICE after flying to Mexico for her job
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.