CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — It is the most Texas mum you will ever see.
Nancy Masden, mum-maker at Oh My Goodness Boutique in Corpus Christi, created a gigantic, possibly record-breaking 78-feet-long homecoming mum.
For comparison, Big Tex at the Texas State Fair only stands at 55-feet tall.
According to Texas Monthly, if you lay the mum flat, this bouquet would occupy a little over a fourth of a football field. It weighs roughly 300 pounds and requires a construction lift to move it.
It took Masden 138 hours to create the Texas-themed mum with red, white and blue streamers and a large Texas-shaped base.
The creation obviously cannot be worn, but could sell for several thousand dollars.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Health director sues Corpus Christi city manager, claiming discrimination
- City of Corpus Christi and Nueces County end health district partnership
- A sandy day to remember, wrapping up 2021 annual Sandfest
- Here's one spooky display in Corpus Christi you don't want to miss
- Why it's more important than ever to get the flu shot this year
- Grab the family! CC Movie Nights at Whataburger Field is back
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.