HOUSTON — Unlike a lot of large events these days, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo does not have a clear bag policy on the grounds or inside NRG Stadium.
During the rodeo, small purses, backpacks and diaper bags are allowed but will be searched at the NRG Park entrance gates. Random bag checks will also be done at NRG Stadium gates.
Everyone is also subject to wand checks.
Baby strollers and wagons are allowed and there are "parking spots" for the strollers and wagons in all four corners of NRG Stadium.
Items not allowed at RodeoHouston
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- air horns, sirens, bells, whistles, other noisemakers
- aerosol spray cans
- animals (except service animals)
- banners bearing advertisements
- banners judged to be in poor taste or offensive
- beach balls, other balls
- Clothing deemed to be obscene, inappropriate or offensive
- Electronic Cigarettes and/or vaporizers are prohibited inside buildings and public spaces, per Houston City Ordinance.
- flag poles
- Frisbee® and other sports discs
- hover boards
- illegal drugs or substances
- laser pointers
- professional camera equipment (photography lenses over 3 inches in length)
- selfie sticks, tripods
- weapons (legal pocketknives are permitted)
- Air guns, BB Guns, pellet guns, paintball guns and slingshots are also not permitted
Audio recording is not allowed in NRG Stadium. Video recording is not allowed in the stadium during RodeoHouston®.