Have a friend who is lactose intolerant but Can't. Stop. Eating. Cheese? Is that friend YOU?
Going dairy free doesn't mean you have to cut cheese out of your life. YouTuber and Houstonian Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram shares her jalapeño nut cheese recipe.
- 2-3 cups soaked raw cashews
- Coconut water
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Chives (optional)
- Mint (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Blend raw cashews and salt together, adding in coconut water until it is the right consistency for you. If you want a chunkier cheese, blend for less time. Blend more for creamy cheese
- Pour mixture into bowl, folding in seasonings of your choice. Try jalapenos, green onions, chives, mint, and cilantro.
- Wrap the mixture in a cheese cloth. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Refrigerate cheese for 6-8 hours until firm