HOUSTON — There's a new entry into the chicken sandwich wars, and right now, Houston is one of the only places you can get it!
McDonald's hinted about a new item on the menu for Houston and Knoxville, Tenn. in a tweet on Sunday.
We reached out to folks at McDonald's for more info, and it's true!
“We certainly meant no beef when we hinted at a new menu item arriving in some of our restaurants. It’s true, we’re testing two new chicken sandwiches at participating restaurants in the Houston, Texas and Knoxville, Tennessee areas."
The test runs from Dec.2 through Jan. 26.
The Crispy Sandwich is simply topped with butter and crinkle cut dill pickles while the Deluxe is topped with tomatoes, lettuce, and mayo. Both are served on a buttery potato roll.
- Can you tell the difference between a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich and a knockoff from Sam's Club?
- GAME OVER! Frenchy's enters chicken sandwich war
- Popeyes' hit chicken sandwich is back!
If all goes well in the test markets, it could be rolled out to everyone else in 2020, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Chick-fil-A and Popeyes have been heating up the chicken sandwich wars for a while now, so it was only a matter of time before McDonald's got into the game!
ALSO POPULAR ON KHOU.COM
- U.S. Mail crates, packages found scattered along Highway 59
- Fireball that exploded in 2016 may have been rare 'minimoon' that orbited Earth
- First 'Black Widow' trailer is here and you get to meet the 'family'