After nearly 20 years, Katy Mills mall is trading its retro '90s look for something more modern.
The mall's multimillion-dollar interior renovations will begin in March or April and are expected to be nearly finished by the end of 2018, mall representatives announced at a March 8 event.
Once the interiors are complete, then the mall will begin exterior renovations and more, all of which will be complete in about two years.
The interior renovations to help the 1.5 million-square-foot mall appear more modern will include:
- Updating and redesigning the food court into a "dining pavilion" with family-style seating.
- Repainting with neutral colors, such as gray. Currently, Katy Mills' has a color theme of red, blue, green and yellow.
- Installing porcelain tile flooring.
- Adding new lighting fixtures with LED lighting along with floating ceilings to replace the warehouse appearance.
- Upgrading the children's play area.
- Crafting better signage within the mall.
- Adding lounge areas with plush seating.
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois-based Graycor Inc. is the general contractor, and Rochester, New York-based Bergmann Associates designed the renovations.
Click here to read the full article on bizjournals.com.