HOUSTON — A tropical disturbance in the Gulf is moving westward and is expected to bring beneficial heavy rains to Southeast Texas this weekend, according to KHOU 11 News Meteorologist Mario Gomez.
There is a 40 percent chance of rain on Saturday, but that will increase to 60 percent for Sunday as heavy rains from the Gulf move across the Houston area.
The disturbance in the Gulf only has a 20 percent chance of developing into an organized system, but it is something to definitely keep an eye on.
As the sea breeze kicks in Saturday afternoon, we could see some of the showers move in from the Gulf. Saturday temps will top off at 93 degrees.
There will be a high of 88 for the kickoff of the Houston Texans game against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday afternoon.
Daytime temperatures will stay in the low- to mid-90s for the next seven days.
Download the free WeatherCaster app for your hourly forecasts and severe weather tracker.