Houston Forecast: Another round of heavy storms Thursday

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on June 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Updated Thursday, Jun 26 at 6:28 AM

HOUSTON — High water is possible in flood-prone areas as heavy rainfall continues in Southeast Texas for the next few days, according to KHOU 11 News Chief Meteorologist David Paul.

There is about a 30 percent chance for rain Thursday morning with showers staying close to the coastline. However, as we head into the afternoon, the chance for rain increases to 70 percent with another round of heavy storms developing inland.

Expect temperatures to start out in the mid-70s again before warming up to the mid-80s.

On Friday, there’s a 60-percent chance for rain as tropical moisture continues to move in off the Gulf.

This weekend the rain will become more scattered before finally clearing out for the start of our next workweek.

Next week the skies clear and our daytime temps get back to where they should be – in the mid-90s.

Download the free WeatherCaster app for your hourly forecasts and severe weather tracker.

Print
Email
|