HOUSTON – A mother who was cooking at her southwest Houston home had to grab her two kids and make a run for it when her kitchen caught fire late Wednesday.
It happened on Lima at S. Kirkwood around 11:45 p.m.
The mom said she left food cooking on the stove when a fire sparked and quickly spread around the kitchen. When the family saw the smoke and fire, they ran outside and called for help.
Houston firefighters responded to the scene and kept the fire from spreading to the rest of the house, but the damages to the kitchen were extensive.