HOUSTON – A frontal boundary moving through the Houston area Sunday will bring heavy rains and the possibility of flash floods, according to KHOU 11 News Meteorologist Mario Gomez.
The front will move through the Houston metro area from the west early Sunday and slowly stall out as it gets closer to the coastline.
The front could bring up to an inch of rainfall on Sunday with a 50 percent chance of rain.
Although the showers should clear out by the evening hours, the stalling front will still generate more rain through the first half of the work week.
Expect to see a 60 percent chance of rain on Monday and 40 percent chance of rain on Tuesday.
Overnight lows for Sunday will be in the mid-70s before temps warm up to the upper-80s in the afternoon.
Download the free WeatherCaster app for your hourly forecasts and severe weather tracker.