HOUSTON—Earlier this month, 32-year-old Michael Brent Sewell made headlines after his sex tape was pulled from YouTube. On Tuesday, Sewell shared his side of the story with KHOU 11 News.
According to an affidavit, Sewell had threatened to upload the video, which showed him and his ex-girlfriend having sex, if the woman broke up with him.
When she did, investigators say he followed through with that threat and told his ex.
She alerted police, who arrested Sewell.
He said that he and his ex had made the video in the hope of one day making pornography.
"It was fun, we enjoyed it, and we honestly wanted to be stars," Sewell said. "We wanted to submit it to amateur sites."
"If I had posted anything to YouTube, it would have been to get her back, no other reason," Sewell said. "The affidavit said it was to embarrass her or to make her lose her job—no, absolutely not."
Sewell’s ex declined a request from KHOU 11 News for comment.
Meanwhile, Sewell now has a lawyer, but has lost his job. He said he’s worried about the future.
He said he has not heard from his ex since the arrest, but he has nothing to say to her.
He did, however, share an e-mail exchange in which she allegedly suggests getting paid for porn.
Sewell’s arraignment is set for June 8 on felony charges of improper photography or video recording. If convicted, he could face up to two years in prison and pay a $10,000 fine.