SAN ANTONIO - Google Fiber announced Tuesday that San Antonians can sign up for superfast fiber internet service.
Customers in some areas will pay just $55 per month for the service.
People living in the area of Westover Hills and around West End Park on the near west side have until December 21 to sign up for the flagship product: Fiber 1000. That delivers internet speeds of up to 1,000 megabits per second of broadband.
The company has set up a website to check if your home is in the service eligibility area. The service is expected to expand and you can sign up for alerts to let you know when it will be available.
Google Fiber representatives will be in various locations around town Tuesday to answer questions and sign people up for the service.
The locations and times are listed below.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. at Shipley Do-nuts, 1134 Culebra Rd.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. at Rosella Coffee Company, 203 E. Jones Ave.
• 8:30-10:30 a.m. at Rosella at the Rand, 114 E. Houston St. (media availability)
• 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Frank Garrett Community Center, 1226 NW 18th St
• 2-5 p.m. at H-E-B, 2130 Culebra Rd. (media availability)
• 2-5 p.m. at H-E-B, 9255 FM 471 West
• 4-6 p.m. at Woodlawn Snacks, 947 Cincinnati Ave.
• 8-10 p.m. at Steel City Pops, 812 S. Alamo St., Suite 101
© 2018 KENS-TV