6 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A Colorado man was shocked by 13,000 volts when he hit an underground electrical main Tuesday and lived to tell the tale.

Christopher Hargrave was digging a hole and hit the main with a shovel. The contact caused an explosion and sent him flying through the air.

Hargrave went to the hospital and was later released. He said he feels lucky and even bought a lottery ticket after the incident.

"It makes me put things in perspective," he said. "It makes me hold my kids a little tighter."

Contributing: Steve Staeger, KUSA

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/08/21/colorado-man-shocked-by-13000-volts-lives/14407955/