Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas -- Firefighters from three departments battled a house fire in western Harris County late Wednesday.

Around 9 p.m. firefighters responded to Pinesbury near Ennsbury.

Heavy flames were coming from the second floor of a home, which was undergoing renovations at the time.

No one was home and no injuries were reported, but the family who bought the house was due to move in the next few weeks.

The home was heavily damaged, but firefighters kept the blaze from spreading to nearby properties.

The Harris County Fire Marshal is investigating and said they believe the fire started as crews used a propane torch on a pipe during plumbing work.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/29/12660562/