Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

HOUSTON -- Along with the help of a maintenance man, a quick-acting neighbor was credited with helping put out a small apartment fire in northwest Houston late Thursday.

Houston firefighters were called to 34th Street near Mangum Road around 9:45 p.m. They found smoke coming from a first floor unit, but most of the the fire was already out.

According to a neighbor, he and a maintenance guy first saw the flames from outside. They found a fire extinguisher and then went into the apartment to put out the fire.

Investigators said the fire was confined to the kitchen area and may have been stated by an electrical short.

No one was home at the time, and no injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: