Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

HOUSTON - A teen scrambled to alert sleeping family members after their home caught fire overnight, officials said.

It happened in the 4700 block of Knottynold Lane.

Nine family members, some visiting for Mother s Day, were in the home when the fire started early Monday morning.

A teen smelled smoke and heard popping sounds. He said he found flames shooting from a bedroom wall. He woke everyone up, and everyone made a safe escape.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom.

It s believed an electrical issue in an outlet sparked the blaze.

Read or Share this story: