Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HUMBLE, Texas - The Humble Fire Department was called to a home engulfed in flames late Thursday night.

It was reported around midnight on Brenda Lane at Memorial Glen Drive. Firefighters said they found heavy flames shooting from the home, and the Houston Fire Department was called in for backup.

They got the fire under control before it consumed the entire home, and no injuries were reported.

A preliminary investigation indicates the homeowner s grandfather had a space heater in his bedroom. The space heater somehow caught fire, setting the room on fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/24/12358682/