HOUSTON METRO announced changes in service as another winter blast is expected to hit early Tuesday, making for dangerous road conditions.
METRO will operate as follows:
- METRO HOV/HOT lanes (US 290, 45 North, 45 South, 59 North and 59 South) will be closed all day Tuesday
- No Park & Ride service all day Tuesday
- STAR vanpools: METRO is strongly recommending that all STAR drivers and passengers please consider avoiding travel entirely during these potentially hazardous driving conditions
- Local bus service will run with delays and potential for detours
- METRORail will operate with some delays (trains will run about every 12 minutes)
- METROLift will offer only medically-necessary trips all day Tuesday
Due to the fluctuating schedules, METRO encourages customers to call the customer service line at 713-635-4000, open from 6 a.m. through midnight.
Due to the inclement weather, the METRO T.R.I.P. app will not provide reliable information and the trip planner will not be available. Service alerts will be on our website, www.ridemetro.org.
METRO asks that customers monitor local media, the Harris County Office of Emergency Management, the City of Houston Office of Emergency Management and the National Weather Service for complete forecast and roadway information.
METRO will alert media and update its website with additional service impacts as needed.