MONTGOMERY County, Texas One of the victims critically injured when a house exploded in the Montgomery County town of Dobbin has died.
Jennifer Mock, 55, was badly burned in the Tuesday morning explosion and fire. She was rushed by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, but doctors couldn't save her.
Mock's sister, 65-year-old Lena Mock Knight, remains in very critical condition in the Memorial Hermann Hospital burn unit.
Jennifer Mock's grandson, 8-month-old Wyatt Mock Smith, also remains in critical condition at UTMB in Galveston. Doctors say the baby was burned over 54-percent of his body and also suffered head trauma. His condition has stablized.
Wyatt was trapped under the debris pile, but he was found and rescued by an employee from Consolidated Communications.
The explosion happened around8 a.m. while thewomen were making breakfast.
Family members believe they know what caused it.
The propane tank had a leak and they had just filled it up and they think all the propane leaked out, said Phyllis Hamilton, the victims sister.
The house was destroyed and the explosion was felt as far away as Lake Conroe and Willis.
The Railroad Commission of Texas oversees LP gas systems. Its investigators are looking closely at the tanks.
Investigators were still on the scene Thursday and haven't made an official ruling on the cause.